All notification regarding admission for nursing courses , you can visit DHA website. https://dhs.kerala.gov.in/
GNM-All seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates under Special Component Plan / Tribal Sub Plan.
Applicants should have completed the age of 17 years on 31/12/2023 and should not be above the age of 35 years on the date. There is no age bar for ANM candidates.
Duration of GNM course:
The duration of the Diploma course in General Nursing and Midwifery shall be of three years including internship. Maximum period for the successful completion of the course is
Syllabus of GNM course:
Syllabus of the course shall be the syllabus approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
- In the absence of ST candidates, SC candidates will be considered in the last Allotment process only in 20 seats.
Note: 1. Twenty percentage of the seats of each College of Nursing in Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kottayam, are reserved for male Candidates as per G.O. (Rt) No. 3635/2003/ H & FWD dated 22-12-2003.
- In the absence of male candidates those seats shall be allotted to female candidates.
Mode of Admission:
Admission to Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery will be made on merit as assessed on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates in the Part III optional subject at the Plus two examination/equivalent examinations.
The select list published by the Director of Medical Education will be valid till the last date
of admission notified by the Indian Nursing Council.
All selected candidates shall execute an undertaking to serve the Government for a period of
one year after passing their course ‘ if Government so desire’.
Selected candidates shall submit a declaration in the form given in Annexure I to this
prospectus duly signed by the candidate and attested by his/her parent/guardian as the case
may be. Admission will be refused if this declaration is not produced.
Admission, even if given, will be cancelled, if it is found later, that false certificates have
been produced or that admissions have been secured by fraudulent means. Admission will be
cancelled if the candidate is found to be involved in Criminal Cases
Eligibility criteria for GNM admission:
1. Pass the Plus-2 or equivalent examination conducted by the Government of Kerala or by any of the Universities in Kerala with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English with 40% aggregate marks. 10+2, ANM course from the schools recognized by INC is also eligible for admission.
2. Only Indian Citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to the course. To show this proof applicant has to submit any of the below document along with application.
(i) SSLC(10th grade) certificate -which mention place of birth is kerala.
(ii) The true copy of the relevant page of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of either of the parents of the candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate.
(iii) Passport of the candidate, issued by Government of India, showing Place of Birth in Kerala or of either of the parents of the candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate.
(iv)Birth certificate from the authority competent to register birth (Panchayat/Municipality /Corporation) showing the candidate’s or either of the parents'(in which case corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate is necessary) place of birth in Kerala, to be issued by a competent registering authority.
(v) A certificate from the Village Officer/ Tahsildar to show that the candidate or his/her father/mother was born in Kerala (This is to be obtained in the prescribed format along with the printout of the application).
(vi)A certificate from the competent authority showing that the parent of the candidate is an All India Service officer allotted to Kerala cadre.
(c) Five percent reservation will be granted for candidates with 40% to 50% physical
disability of loco motor of the lower extremity after assessing the suitability of candidate
for the course.
Candidates must check the institute website regularly and know the exact admission process for GNM 2024. The general admission process is as follows:
- Applicants are required to download the application form from the official website. website of Directorate of Medical Education i.e.www.dme.kerala.gov.in. Application forms of previous years will not be accepted.
- Applicants should fill out the form and make sure they have given true information without making any errors. If any errors are made, correct them before submitting the form. An erroneous form can be rejected and applicants might lose their admission.
- The details that need to be filled in are personal, educational, family, course-related details, and much more.
- Applicants would be asked for a passport size photograph and a signature.
- After candidates have checked their form thoroughly, the final step is submitting the form. The submission date is not announced yet.
- Applicants have to pay an application fee of 100/- as well.
- Candidates will also be asked to present documents proving their Kerala Origin. Either one of the documents is to be shown at the time of submissions:
- The admission form and the documents are to be sent by Registered Post to reach the “Director, Directorate of Medical Education, Medical College P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 11” on or before the last date fixed for the receipt of applications.
- The envelope should be super – scribed as ‘Application for Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery for the year—‘. Late, incomplete, and/or defective applications will be rejected immediately.
- Following are the documents that the candidates are required to send along with the admission form:
- Application fee receipt (original).
- Attested copy of the relevant page of S.S.L.C or Equivalent certificate to prove the date of birth.
- Attested copies of Mark sheets of all parts of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Examination and passing certificate in the qualifying examination.
- An attested copy of the recent Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution in which the candidate studied last / Gazetted Officer should be produced.
- Proof of Nativity as Specified above.
- Attested copy of Certificate of community in the form prescribed from the revenue authority concerned.
- Attested copy of the certificate of Physical Fitness from a Government Medical Officer not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon.
Admission Results List:
Results of admission can be foudn in DME website. DME puts up a general list with all the selected candidates that are eligible for admission. Finding a name can be a tedious task in such a general list. Applicants must be careful while looking for their names.
The process begins after results are announced. Counseling may be done in one or more rounds depending upon the necessity.
Following are the details of the counseling process for Kerala GNM Admission :
- In Kerala, counseling will also be done by DME. Since there are only 90 seats, Kerala will only have one round of counseling. The students must show up.
- The dates of allotment shall be notified by DME in leading Malayalam daily newspapers and on www.dmekerala.gov.in. No individual communication will be done to the candidates.
- Allotment of seats and college shall be done by DME strictly based on the rank at the time of counselling and the option exercised at the time of counselling on the availability of seats.
- Candidates must be present at the date and time in the allotment process and should appear at the venue for the allotment.
- Candidates who fail to appear for the counselling as per the schedule will have their admission cancelled and will not be considered for admission to any existing vacancies irrespective of the rank except during the spot allotment. However, if a candidate is not able to attend the allotment process for a genuine reason, they can get a proxy.
This si all about GNM course admission in governmentnursing colleges in Kerala.