If you’re an ophthalmic technician aspiring to work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), understanding the license process is crucial. The UAE offers promising career opportunities in the field of healthcare, but it’s essential to follow the correct procedures to secure your dream job as an ophthalmic technician. In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps involved in obtaining your license and starting your career in the UAE.
Step 1: Sign Up and Check Eligibility
The journey begins with signing up on the relevant licensing authority’s website. However, before you proceed, it’s crucial to check if you meet the eligibility criteria. Eligibility requirements can vary depending on your qualifications and experience, so make sure you have the necessary documents and qualifications in place.
Step 2: Data Flow Verification
Data flow verification, also known as Primary Source Verification (PSV), is the process of validating your documents directly from their source. This step involves submitting your educational certificates, internship details, licenses, and work experience for verification. The licensing authority will contact the relevant institutions or authorities in your home country to confirm the authenticity of your documents. Here’s a list of documents required for data flow verification:
- Graduation certificate from a certified program (minimum two-year course duration) as an Ophthalmic Technician.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the field of Retinal photography and Fluorescent angiography post certification.
- Mark list/transcript or transcript from your college, sealed and signed by the principal, containing details of subjects, marks, internship information, and more.
- License from your home country’s licensing council, including both the initial and renewed copies if applicable. If your license has expired, renew it before applying for verification. If you have worked in another country, you can also submit a license from your last working country.
- Experience certificate with a minimum of two years of experience, preferably with one employer for consistency. Ensure your experience certificate is obtained from the HR office or Medical Director to maintain authenticity.
Process of Data Flow Verification:
- Sign up for a licensing Data Flow account using your email and unique identification number.
- Upload a signed letter of authorization.
- Create a new case and select your profession (Ophthalmic Technician).
- Complete the application by providing details of your education, internship, license, and employment history.
- Upload all required documents with precision.
- Submit the application by making the necessary payment, which can be done using international debit or credit cards.
Step 3: CBT (Computer-Based Test) Assessment (EXAM)
Once your data flow verification is in progress, you can start preparing for the CBT exam. Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit the Prometric website.
- Generate your eligibility for the exam.
- Schedule your exam date.
- Make the required payment.
- Your exam result will be published within 1 to 5 days.
Step 4: Submission for Eligibility Letter
After successfully completing both the data flow verification and the CBT exam, you can proceed to apply for the licensing eligibility letter. At this stage, you need to submit the following documents:
- Good standing certificate from the pharmacy council of your last place of work.
- Basic life support certification.
- Higher secondary certificate.
Ensure that your data flow report is linked with the licensing authority before submission. Once confirmed, submit your application and make the necessary payment (approximately 230 AED). You can expect to receive your eligibility letter within 2-5 days, marking a significant milestone in your journey toward a rewarding career in Dubai.
Securing a job as an ophthalmic technician in the UAE requires diligence and adherence to the licensing process. Once you have your license in hand, you can start applying for positions in Dubai and kickstart your career in this thriving healthcare field. We wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of a bright future as an ophthalmic technician in the UAE!
If you require any assistance with the licensing process, feel free to reach out to us through whatsapp
For more healthcare-related content and updates, visit Shincy George’s website at nursingmanthra.com and subscribe to the Nursing Manthra YouTube channel. You can also connect on Facebook at fb.com/nursingmanthras or send inquiries to [email protected].