I hope this blog helps you understand the process of obtaining a Department of Health (DOH) Abu Dhabi License, which is essential for healthcare professionals wishing to work in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates. Working without this license is illegal, so it’s crucial to follow the proper steps to complete the licensing process. Below are the steps you need to take:
Step 1: Sign up for UAE Pass
Download the UAE PASS application from the Google Play Store and sign up using the email address you intend to use for the entire DOH licensing process. Using the same email address consistently is important as it ensures that all your reports and information will be linked to your UAE PASS account. If you are unsure about the UAE PASS application process, you can refer to the provided video for guidance.
Step 2: Login to TAAM Website
After signing up for UAE PASS, log in to the TAAM (The Abu Dhabi Agency for Accreditation of Healthcare Professionals) website.
Step 3: Dataflow Verification – PSV Process
Undergo the Dataflow verification process, also known as the Primary Source Verification (PSV) process. This process involves the verification of your educational and professional credentials by authorized agencies.
Step 4: Application Submission in TAAM-Credentialing
Submit your application for DOH licensing through the TAAM website’s credentialing section.
Step 5: Exam Approval and Booking
Depending on your profession, you may need to take an exam. You will receive approval for the exam, and then you can proceed to book your exam either at Pearson VUE or for an oral exam.
Step 6: Finding a Facility to Activate the License
Once you pass the exam and complete all necessary requirements, you will need to find a healthcare facility in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain that is willing to sponsor you to activate your DOH license.
Before starting the application process, make sure to check the professional qualification criteria for your specific licensing title to ensure you meet all the requirements. The blog mentions a PQR document for this purpose; you can refer to it to check your eligibility.
To start the application process, you need to gather several documents
- Passport copy
- Passport size photograph (recent)
- Higher secondary certificate
- Educational qualification documents:
- PHD/Master Degree/Bachelor degree or Diploma certificates
- Mark list of submitted documents and Transcript
- License/Registration from the last working country and home country:
- Initial copy and renewed copy, if applicable
- If your profession doesn’t require a license, you can contact Nursing Manthra for a solution.
- Experience certificate based on PQR (Professional Qualification Requirements):
- Must be signed and sealed by HR, Administrator, or Director of the facility.
- Good standing certificate from the licensing council:
- From the last working country and home country
- Internship certificate (for general practitioners and specialists)
- Residency certificate (for specialists)
- Log book (for surgeons)
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate with booster dose
- E tarasol – barcode file
- Staff data form (filled)
- Emirates ID/UAE visa (if you are a UAE resident)
- Previous data flow report, if available
Additionally, if you are a UAE resident, you will need to provide your Emirates ID or UAE visa, and if applicable, a previous data flow report.
Once you have all these documents, you can initiate the application process. Remember that arranging the required documents is the first step of the application, so ensure you have everything ready before proceeding.
I hope this guide helps you navigate the DOH licensing process smoothly. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to consult us. Good luck with your licensing journey!