If you are facing an experience gap in practicing your profession in UAE, there is a solution to your worries – CME/CNE training and CPD hours. Non-UAE nationals with an experience gap of less than 5 years and UAE nationals with less than 10 years of experience can apply for CME training. This blog will guide you on how to undergo CME training in different authorities.
- CME – Continuing Medical Education
- APS – Approved Practical Settings
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development
- CNE – Continuing Nursing Education
- CME – Continuing Midwifery Education
- CPE – Continuing Professional Education
- CE – Continuing Education
CME/CNE TRAINING UNDER DUBAI HEALTH AUTHORITY (DHA):
If your dream is to get a job in Dubai under DHA, don’t worry, the Clinical Attachment Program will help you achieve that.
Procedure to Apply:
- You can find the details for CME training through the link below:
- Alternatively, you can visit the Department of Medical Education, DHA, at the following address:
Ground Floor, Rashid Medical Library, Department of Medical Education, Dubai Health Authority
Timing: 08:00 am – 01:00 pm (Sunday to Thursday)
- All clinical attachments/work placements are subject to pre-placement checks, and the applicant will not be able to commence until these checks have been completed.
- Official Health Clearance Certificate: All attendees must submit the Official Health Clearance Certificate before commencing the program. You will not be permitted to be in contact with patients without this evidence.
Required Evidence of Immunity:
- Hepatitis B
- Measles and Rubella
Required Evidence of Negative Status:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Syphilis (VDRL)
- Online Application: Only online applications through the provided website will be accepted. Ensure that you apply online at least 4 weeks before the attachment/placement starting date.
Steps to Apply for Clinical Attachment / Work Placement at DHA:
- Register with Meducation.ae (if not already registered)
- Create an account with Meducation.ae (click here for registration)
- Activate your account using the security code sent to your email
- Login with your account at Meducation.ae
- Update your profile information, including qualifications and experience along with relevant proofing documents, if applicable
- Add personal documents needed for the Clinical Attachment to your user profile (e.g., CV, Good Standing Certificate, Passport Copy, Visa Copy)
- Fill out the Clinical Attachment / Work Placement e-request form
- DHA preserves the right to ask for further documents / information if required
- Check the status of your application by visiting your user profile on Meducation.ae website
By following the above steps and completing the CME training, you can progress towards your goal of working in Dubai under DHA.
DHA preserves the right to ask for further documents / information if required. In order to check the status of your application, please visit your user profile on Meducation.ae website.
For any further queries or clarifications, please click here to access the relevant information.
- Once you complete the training and obtain the needed CPD points based on your gap of practice (as mentioned in the video), you have to attend classes in between the training.
- After obtaining the CME Experience letter and CPD points, you must apply in DHA and complete the registration process by undergoing dataflow verification and the exam process.
For more information or any inquiries related to the training, you can email DHA at [email protected].
Process of CME application in MOH:
- Start by applying for the MOH evaluation process with all the available documents.
- After the evaluation, you may receive a rejection email from MOH asking you to fill up the experience gap.
- Take this rejection mail to an APS (Approved Practical Setting) approved hospital for training. For MOH UAE, the approved settings are Thumbay Hospital Ajman and University Hospital Sharjah.
- After completing the CME training, resubmit your application.
- Your documents will be forwarded for dataflow verification.
- Once approved, you will be eligible to take the exam, which you must pass.
- Upon passing the exam, you will receive your evaluation.
Process of CME application for DOH:
- Send an email to DOH regarding your issue at [email protected].
- As per the instructions from DOH, you need to get CME training from APS settings.
- Once you complete the CME training, initiate the dataflow process and apply for credentialing.
- Complete the exam process.
- Once you pass the exam, your employer can activate your license.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, feel free to contact me on WhatsApp.