Examinees are asked to answer 150 items computer-based questions for three hours. The passing rate is 90 percent and above, and the result of the examination will be immediately available after you finish it, similar to the Saudi Prometric Exam. In the examination results, the percentage of your correct answers is not stated. Instead, only a pass or fail result is shown.
These are the modified qualifications for Registered Nurses based on the latest Professional Qualification Requirements (PQR):
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent qualification of NLT three (3) years study duration in “Nursing” from accredited, or:
- Associate Degree Nurses with evidence of passing the National exam (e.g. USA: NCLEX-RN).
- Valid national license.
- Valid Basic Life Support certification.
- ACLS, PALS relevant to area of specialty. Note: this excludes programs comprising 2 years nursing + 1 year Midwifery or Community Health. Holders of such programs qualify as Practical Nurses.
- 2 years clinical experience post qualification in appropriate setting
If you are qualified for HAAD examination, then you may proceed with the Dataflow process for credential verification. Dataflow is an agency who will aid each applicant to verify the required documents. If applicants are eligible after verification of documents, then they can proceed with the HAAD examination process.
Gather all the required documents for your desired position and scan them. The required documents are as follows:
1. School documents
- High school diploma
- College diploma with Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV)
- Official Transcript of Records with Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV)
If CAV is not yet available, you can still proceed with the Dataflow processing and can submit it in the licensing process once requested.
2. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) documents
- Board certificate
- Certificate of good standing – must be 6 months valid. If applicants worked from a country without a licensing body like Libya, you must obtain a letter of reciprocity.
- Board rating
- PRC ID
3. Employment Credentials
- Certificate of employment signed by the head of HR – volunteer experience does not count
- Red ribbon needs to be renewed if already used from another country.
4. Other Documents
- Passport copy
- Passport size photo
- Basic Life Support certificate
- Sponsoring Facility Declaration form (applicable if you have sponsor, if none then leave this part blank)
- Letter of authorization
- CID/Security form (English pages only)
For the Dataflow process, follow these steps:
1. Sign-up to the official Dataflow website.
Visit the Dataflow website. Choose the “applicant” option. The other option which is “facility” is for those companies who process the application.
2. Fill-up the form with your details relevant your desired position.
Select none if you don’t have a sponsor or an employer. Download and re-upload a blank document if you don’t have a sponsor yet. Choose nursing and midwifery from the drop down-button. Click registered nurse and your area of specialty.
3. Upload all your scanned documents to the form provided online and then submit.
Fill in the necessary information required in each box. If you have any relatives in UAE, input their contact number. If none, put 00000. If you already passed HAAD and will undergo dataflow, upload your HAAD exam result in here.
4. Check your email to obtain your Dataflow number.
You will receive a confirmation email from Dataflow with your respective Dataflow number after submission of the required documents.
5. Pay the necessary fees.
Applicants in UAE can pay at the Dataflow counters located at HAAD facilities while those outside of UAE can pay online through their credit cards. You can borrow from a family or friend if you don’t have one. Major credit card companies such as American Express, MasterCard and Visa are usually accepted.
The Dataflow processing fee is 600 AED and covers one education, one health license and relevant experience. For verification of additional educational qualification, an additional cost of 300 AED per document is required. Additional health license or employment certificate may be verified at an additional cost of 100 AED per document.
6. Wait for at least 30 to 60 days for the verification process (some can take up to 90 days).
You can follow-up your application by sending email to email@example.com. After all of the required documents have been verified, dataflow will send you an email for your HAAD web login (pre-licensing). If all of your documents are eligible, you can now book for HAAD examination.
Booking for Examination
To book for HAAD examination, follow these steps:
- Go to this link https://www.haad.ae/haad/tabid/1382/Default.aspx
- Click on “E-Licensing” and select “Examination”.
- Click on “Exam Scheduling”.
- Enter your application number and click Search. Your application number will be emailed to you after the verification process.
- Select your desired date, time and testing center.
- Click “BOOK” button. Pay the examination fee using your credit card ($94.59 for registered nurses). Fees vary according to your profession and specialty.
- Print your Exam Ticket. This will be presented in the test center.
Examinees are given three attempts (in three separate applications) to pass the HAAD examination. If the candidate failed all the three attempts, he or she will have to wait 12 months from the last exam to be able to retake the exam.